Flexible Wall Semi Automated Permeability Test System
Sample Geotechnical Report
The FlowTrac II flow pump provides a unique and versatile way to run flexible wall permeability tests on a wide
variety of materials quickly and accurately. By adjusting the gradient or the flow rate across the sample,
the system can measure permeabilities of cohesive soils varying from 10-4cm/sec to 10-9cm/sec. With
the appropriate test cells, this one system can determine the permeability of some silty clays within minutes.
This system requires an external source of pressure during the flow phase to maintain the cell pressure constant.
Applicable Test Standards
- ASTM D-5084 - Flexible wall permeability
- Choose volume capacity to fit user needs from 250 and 750 cc models
- Accurate pressure and volume measurements with integrated sensors
- Stand alone through front keypad and LCD menu capability
- Total automation, control, data collection and reporting of test results
- Prepare tables and plots of report quality within minutes of completing a test.
- Geo-NET compatibility lets unit be accessed and controlled over a computer network
- Generate columns of data for easy reduction using your own spreadsheet software