Careers: Project Manager - Senior Civil Engineer
Geocomp is seeking a full-time Senior Engineer with a geotechnical background and project management experience to join our team of highly skilled engineers in our Acton, MA headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high performing growth-oriented professional consulting group.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
- The candidate for this position will have strong knowledge/interest in Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) structures and other types of earth retaining structures. We are looking for someone who takes pride in delivering exceptional client service and has a history of managing successful projects and teams. Primary responsibilities will include project management and project delivery.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Set-up, coordinate, and manage field investigations
- Coordinate/manage the work of others
- Project management including budgeting, scheduling and interactions with clients and subcontractors
- Write geotechnical investigation and design reports
- Attendance at conferences and networking events
- Other responsibilities as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Managing field investigations and staff to perform borings, SPT, undisturbed sampling and cone penetration testing in the field
- Experience with slope stability analysis software
- Performing geotechnical analysis and design calculations including those for shallow and deep foundations and earth retaining structures.
- Knowledge of lab testing including the correct handling of field samples and assigning lab tests to obtain specific parameters
- Experience in design and construction, deconstruction, performance monitoring, and remediation of reinforced soil structures
- Experience with quality assurance procedures
- Knowledge and experience in numerical modeling (e.g. using Plaxis, FLAC) is a plus
- Project Manager/Senior Engineer with 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Master's Degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Technical experience in geotechnical investigations and analyses including background in reinforced soil structures
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface
elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction
below the ground surface for all types of structures by providing cutting edge geotechnical solutions.
We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Geocomp also
manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully
used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. In addition, Geocomp's
testing division, GeoTesting Express provides the fastest turnaround time possible for high-quality testing of soil, rock and geosynthetics. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jobs@geocomp.com
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]