Careers: Instrumentation and Monitoring (I&M) Technician
Our Acton, MA office is seeking a full time Instrumentation Technician to join our team of highly skilled consultants and engineers who work with our clients to help them manage risk to infrastructure during construction. You will be working on construction sites installing geotechnical and structural monitoring instrumentation using real-time instrumentation and monitoring technologies for heavy civil infrastructures.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in civil engineering, geology, geomatics or equivalent preferred
- GIS experience a plus
- Construction site or field work experience
- Land survey knowledge a plus
- Basic computer science knowledge preferred
- Experience using hand, and power tools
- Basic fabrication skills
- Basic wiring, soldering, electrical assembly, cable preparation, and cable routing skills a plus
- Experience with low voltage DC systems a plus
- Experience with radio and cellular communication systems a plus
- Basic electrical and electronic knowledge preferred
- Oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft office experience
- Valid Driver's license
- Self-starter, independent worker
- OSHA 10 hour preferred
- Must be physically able to lift and carry at least 50lb
- Willingness to take regular job specific drug screening
- Willing to work nights, weekends, holidays (when required)
- 80% in state travel
- 10% out of state travel
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]