The LoadTrac III system for incremental consolidation and swell testing fully automates an entire
consolidation test. Constant load and constant volume swell tests can be run automatically. Once a
sample is placed into the load frame, the test conditions programmed, and the test started,
the LoadTrac III system performs the complete test, up to 32 steps without intervention by the user.
The computer automatically increments to the next stress by using conditions specified by the user.
A test can be completed in 24 to 48 hours on most materials.
Applicable Test Standards
- ASTM D2435, D4546
- AASHTO T 216
- BS 1377-5
- ISO/TS 17892-5
- AS 12188.8.131.52
- Fully automated via computer or standalone capability for control and data collection
- Micro-stepper, electronic motor system offers high speed and precise loading
- More accurate, reliable, and easier to maintain than units requiring hydraulics or air pressure
- Immediately produce reports according to test standards
- Front panel display and keypad for observation and control of the test
- Geo-Net compatibility allows access and control over a computer network
System flexibility to optionally perform Constant Rate-of-Strain (CRS) Consolidation, Unconfined Compression, and Triaxial testing
- Capacity: Up to 11 kN (2,500 lbs)
- Rate of displacement: 0.000013 to 42 mm/min (0.0000005 to 1.6 in/min)
- Platen travel: 38.1 mm (1.5 in)
- Dimensions: 305 x 381 x 838 mm (12 x 15 x 33 in)
- Weight: 20 kg (44 lbs)