Careers: Staff Engineer (geotechnical)
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Geocomp is seeking a full-time self-starting staff Engineer with a geotechnical background to join our team of highly skilled engineers in our Acton, MA headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a growth-oriented professional consulting group where you will work with and be mentored by senior technical staff.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
- In this role you will work closely with project managers and will perform basic design tasks. You will work independently out in the field supervising drilling rigs, collecting and cataloging soil samples, and preparing written reports and logs. For the right candidate, this position offers the opportunity for significant professional growth and the potential to collaborate with local and national teams. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for the environment, meeting new people, and a desire to learn.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Interprets basic field and instrumentation data
- Independently install basic instruments (seismographs, crack gauges, inclinometers, piezometers)
- Prepare permit applications, material testing, drawings and computer aided design (CAD) work
- Other responsibilities as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills required.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver on multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Ideal traits will include being a self-starter, being results and quality-oriented, and having good attention to detail, a positive attitude, and enthusiasm to learn and grow.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Outlook, Project, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- One or more years relevant work experience
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risks associated with design, construction, and operation of heavy civil infrastructure.
We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated
geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching, and research. Geocomp's strong
reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]