Careers: Senior Project Manager - Geotechnical/Structural Instrumentation and Monitoring
Geocomp provides technologies and a full range of solutions to manage risk for infrastructure. Since 1982, our experienced teams of engineers and scientists have been solving the world's most challenging geo-engineering problems in a wide-range of public and private work projects. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures - and we excel on tough projects with challenging soil conditions and related structural design criteria.
What differentiates Geocomp is our proven history in the application of leading edge technologies to solve complex geostructural challenges.
Geocomp is seeking a Project Manager experienced in geostructural aspects of heavy civil construction to manage multiple projects: subsurface/deep foundation; earth retaining structures/levee embankment; excavation. Work involves instrumentation and monitoring of performance, and monitoring of construction activities. Key activities will be to oversee project staff, meet client expectations, prepare bids/proposals/reports, and engage in client outreach/relationship development activities to grow the business.
- Manage scope, schedule, budget and client relationships
- Supervise and coordinate staff for specific projects
- Supervise and coordinate contractors and field work for installation, maintenance and monitoring of performance monitoring instrumentation
- Perform on-going evaluations of data and status of monitoring systems on remote projects
- Optimize work tasks of project team and prepare technical reports
- Promote positive and effective health and safety practices and ensure that standards and requirements are being met
- Review, communicate, and manage project health and safety plan so that project personnel, client and subcontractors are aware of risks and hazards, and accidents are prevented
- Prepare bids, proposals, and reports for a variety of instrumentation and consulting projects
- Perform additional responsibilities as needed at any level to ensure strong company performance
- B.S. Civil Engineering with geostructural
- 8 - 10 years' experience in the consulting industry and managing projects dealing directly with clients (may include some post-graduate studies)
- 5+ years of experience with structural and geotechnical instrumentation
- PE registration a plus
- Experience with project management scheduling tools/software
- Experience preparing proposals and bids to general contractors/other engineering firms
- Familiarity with risk management principles
- Excellent client interface skills and ability to develop new business
- Strong time and people management skills
- Committed to superb client service and process improvement
- Strong teamwork/collaboration skills with ability to engage/motivate multidisciplinary and remote teams
- Eagerness and flexibility to work on a wide variety of activities at all levels as requested
- Willingness to travel and spend time on project sites during critical stages
- Solid written and verbal English communication
As a dynamic, innovative company, Geocomp is much more than a place to work-here your ideas and creative thinking have high visibility and directly impact our success. Geocomp's inspiring leadership, cutting-edge technology and highly engaged, motivated employees help make this a unique place to grow your career.
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]