Careers: Senior Project Manager - Structural Health Monitoring Systems
Geocomp has a unique opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in Civil/Structural Instrumentation. This position may be filled out of our Chicago, New York, Massachusetts, Atlanta, or Los Angeles offices. When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work.
We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
In this role you will be responsible for client relationships and management of project teams on civil infrastructure projects, with an emphasis on Bridges. You will be actively involved in proposal development and management of projects for the design and implementation of Structural Monitoring Systems. Our ideal candidate has a strong background demonstrated by past performance in structural component testing and/or structural design and analysis to understand client needs and provide the ability to interpret structural response from collected data.
- Lead efforts to build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated with substantiated opportunities for Structural Health monitoring projects.
- Develop pursuit strategies, prepare for and facilitate presentations, RFQ and RFP responses, and participate in preparation of proposals and bids for Structural Health Monitoring projects in collaboration with other offices.
- Oversee and manage completion of projects to client satisfaction and procuring new work
Project and Client Management Responsibilities
- Manage scope, schedule, budget, and client relationships to meet and ideally exceed client expectations across the folio of active projects.
- Supervise and coordinate staff for specific projects to obtain alignment between client needs and Geocomp resource allocations.
- Ensure deliverables are provided on time and within scope and budget.
- Routinely interact and manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Promote positive and effective health and safety practices and ensure that standards and requirements are being met.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, in Civil/Structural Engineering, Master Degree Preferred
- 10+ Years Project Management
- 7+ Years of Structural Health Monitoring Experience
- Proven experience with design analysis of Bridge Structures
- Proven ability to work effectively with clients
- Valid driver's license required
- Up to 25% average travel may be required over the course of a year.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- PE License Preferred
- Strong communications skills
Ability to climb ladders and lift/carry up to 50 lbs. This position may require work performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of 10 feet. Some work may be performed in the field where exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of construction equipment may apply.
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]