Careers: Project Manager - Geotechnical Instrumentation
Geocomp is seeking a Project Manager experienced in geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring of heavy civil construction projects to join our New York office. Work involves design of instrumentation and monitoring programs, monitoring of construction activities, data interpretation, report preparation, and client contact/maintenance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Design of instrumentation systems
- Field installation of instrumentation equipment
- Perform on-going evaluation of data and status of monitoring systems
- Prepare instrumentation bids and proposals
- Manage project staff and coordinate field work for installation, maintenance and monitoring of instrumentation
- Prepare technical reports including interpretation of instrumentation data
- Promote positive and effective health and safety practices ensuring that standards and requirements are met
- Manage client relationships and meet client expectations
Required Qualifications include:
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a major in Geotechnical Engineering
- Professional Engineer in the State of New York a plus
- 7+ years practical work experience in the consulting industry dealing directly with clients and 4+ with structural and geotechnical instrumentation
- Strong working knowledge with the installation and monitoring of prisms, AMTS units, seismographs, inclinometers, tilt meters, data loggers, observations wells, boring inspections, strain gages, extensometers, bore hole instrumentation, web based data management system, etc.
- Proven experience preparing bids to general contractors and proposals
- Strong collaboration with ability to work effectively with colleagues and within multidisciplinary teams
- Strong time and people management skills
- Excellent client interface skills with strong commitment to client service
- Willingness to travel and spend time on project site during critical stages
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Solid written and verbal English communication; second language valuable
- Eagerness and flexibility to work on a wide variety of activities at all levels as requested
- Ability to engage and motivate staff to effectively work together
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]