Careers: Licensed Land Surveyor
Geocomp has a unique opportunity for a Massachusetts licensed Land Surveyor to join our team of highly skilled consultants and engineers in our Acton, MA office. In this role you will work independently helping our clients manage risk to infrastructure projects. Our ideal candidate will have experience with large civil infrastructure projects.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with monitoring both vertical and lateral deformation to high precision (<1/8'').
- Experience with Leica motorized total stations, digital levels and software packages such as Geomos & Lieca Geooffice desirable.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience with GPS surveying
- Experience of leading, managing and training survey crews
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in learning and assisting in developing newer monitoring technologies such as LIDAR, drone based survey, photogrammetry.
- Strong computer skills, data base, and coding experience useful
- Desirability to help build the survey business by helping identify, estimate, network with potential clients and bid on potential projects
- Willingness to travel both locally and nationally to projects.
- Field environment day and/or night all year round
- Bending, lifting up to 50lbs
- Land surveyor Licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (additional states desirable)
- 5 years of survey experience with large civil infrastructure projects
- Valid driver's license
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth
Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]