Careers: Instrumentation Technician
Geocomp is seeking a full time Instrumentation Technician to join our team of highly skilled consultants and engineers in New York City who work with our clients to help them manage risk to infrastructure during construction. You will be working on construction sites installing performance monitoring equipment using real-time instrumentation and monitoring technologies for heavy civil infrastructures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or geology preferred
- Construction site or field work experience
- Basic wiring, soldering, electrical assembly, cable preparation, and cable routing skills
- Experience with low voltage DC systems
- Experience with radio and cellular communication systems
- Basic electrical and electronic knowledge preferred
- Land survey knowledge
- Oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft office experience
- Experience using concrete, hand, and power tools
- Basic fabrication skills
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jobs@geocomp.com
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]