Careers: Geotechnical Product Sales Associate
We are seeking a sales associate experienced in geotechnical testing to support the growth of national and international sales of Geocomp's automated laboratory testing systems. You will be working with a team of highly skilled personnel to sell, deliver and support Geocomp's state-of-the-art, fully automated geotechnical laboratory testing equipment. Our clientele includes government agencies, universities, research facilities and private laboratories worldwide.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment
- Managing the complete sales cycle from lead generation through close of sale, plus following up with clients for the sectors assigned to you.
- Work in concert with our Client Services Representative and Product Sales Manager (PSM) to ensure that your prospects and customers are provided with accurate, credible and compelling reasons to purchase and use our products
- Coordinate and collaborate with the Research, Development and Production staff to understand our equipment, develop quotes for customized systems and receive training to provide front line training and technical assistance to customers.
- Analyze customer needs and sales data to help understand trends.
- Team with the PSM to develop and execute the annual business plan.
- Source and develop client relationships and referrals.
- Maintain accurate records of all prospecting activities including leads, sales calls, presentation, closed sales and follow-up activities.
- Support expansion and motivating Geocomp's worldwide network of distributors.
- Provide periodic reports on activities and results and participate in sales meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related discipline - Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience selling and supporting geotechnical or engineering products
- Experience and interest in geotechnical and/or construction materials testing
- Knowledge of materials testing standards - ASTM, AASHTO, etc.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites nationally and internationally for relationship building, installation and training. Travel expected to be 25-50%.
- Enthusiasm for achieving organizational goals of a growing company
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office programs, data base management software)
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]