Careers: Atlanta Regional Manager-Geostructural
Geocomp has a unique opportunity for a client-focused Geostructural Engineer to provide strategic direction and operational support in our Atlanta office. In this role you will be responsible for the expansion and profitable operation of the office through client strategy development, skillful financial and operational management, and the supervision and development of staff in our Geostructural and Instrumentation groups. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated sales and project management success and the ability to lead others towards a goal of client satisfaction and project profitability.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
Leadership and People
- Lead and manage the Atlanta Consulting Group to meet the strategic and tactical objectives established by the Geocomp leadership team for execution, budget, quality, and safety.
- Create, sustain, and support an environment within the Atlanta Consulting Group that makes it a great place to work.
- Collaborate with other groups in Geocomp to grow opportunities for our staff
- Lead efforts to build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated with substantiated opportunities for the Atlanta office.
- Manage and grow client relationships as an integral part of our growth strategy.
- Develop pursuit strategies, prepare for and facilitate presentations, RFQ and RFP responses, and participate in preparation of proposals and bids for the Atlanta office and in collaboration with other offices.
- Oversee and manage completion of projects to client satisfaction and procuring new work to grow the office.
Project and Client Management Responsibilities
- Manage scope, schedule, budget, and client relationships to meet and ideally exceed client expectations across the folio of active projects.
- Supervise and coordinate staff for specific projects to obtain alignment between client needs and Geocomp resource allocations.
- Ensure deliverables are provided on time and within scope and budget.
- Routinely interact and manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Promote positive and effective health and safety practices and ensure that standards and requirements are being met.
- Assemble and manage project team for each assignment to optimize results.
- Manage the evaluation of data and preparation of geostructural design for various underground components in which you have expertise with strong support from other professionals in the Geocomp organization.
- Help achieve strategic objectives of delivery, best practices, effective project management and active risk management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional Engineer (Geotechnical or Geostructural background required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering preferably with geotechnical courses; Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a major in geotechnical or structural engineering preferred
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and experience in making technical and business presentations
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]