Careers: Project Coordinator
Our Acton, MA office is seeking a Project Coordinator to work in our Project Management Office to support our Consulting and Research & Development units. In this role you will work with the PMO Leader and partner with Project Managers and other members of the project team to provide Project Management assistance and coordinate projects from start to finish.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and who have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
- Project Delivery: Learn Geocomp's project management systems and standards. Partner with Head of PMO to support project managers and ensure that all projects meet internal performance requirements in areas such as budget, contract, billing, documentation, communication, and quality control. Have a thorough understanding of the overall scope of work for each project assigned.
- Budget/Financial: Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of overall project budget and financial status. Work with project managers to establish budgets and purchase orders which meet company guidelines. Monitor labor charges, expenses, subcontractor invoices, and other costs. Work closely with the accounting department to expedite the client invoicing process. Act as point of contact for any client, subcontractor, or internal team member on questions related to project finances.
- Project Reporting: Work closely with the PMO, project managers, Executive Team, accounting staff, and clients to deliver month end reporting, which involves a review of overall project health, earned value analysis, project invoicing, schedule review, and workload forecasting.
- Project Setup and Closeout: Set up and manage electronic project files. Build new proposals and projects within Geocomp’s Enterprise System, including Budget and Resource allocation.
- General Project and Administrative Support: Assist with daily project needs as assigned by project managers and technical staff. Obtain and maintain Certificates of Insurance. Conduct word processing of complex documents including reports, contracts, tables, spreadsheets, and presentations. Update project schedules using Microsoft Project, Primavera, and Deltek.
- Approximately 20% of time will be directed towards various administrative tasks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or similar work experiences
- Minimum two years' experience in a professional office setting
- Experience in project coordination/administration in the A&E and construction industry preferred
- Candidate should be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Power Point, MS Project, Primavera, and Deltek Vision are a plus
- Candidate should be comfortable working directly with senior managers and technical staff
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) are essential
- Successful candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, and detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is required
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is required
- Ability to work under multiple deadline pressures is required
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve is required
- Candidate should be willing to work occasional over-time
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]