Careers: Lead GeoStructural Systems Engineer
Geocomp provides technologies and a full range of solutions to manage risk for infrastructure.
We are differentiated by our proven history in the application of leading edge technologies to solve
complex geostructural challenges worldwide.
We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures.
We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and demanding geostructural design criteria.
We improve the design and construction team's understanding of underground conditions and provide innovative and sound
geostructural solutions - resulting in better control of risk, cost and schedule for owners and contractors.
Geocomp is seeking an experienced GeoStructural Systems Engineer with strong business development capabilities consistent with
our Seller-Doer model. This position requires experience and market awareness in the geostructural systems aspects of heavy civil construction.
This position will focus on developing work with clients and collaborating with our
project delivery teams to meet client expectations for quality, schedule and budget.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop substantial new geostructural systems engineering business, especially with contractors, developers, owners and other professional consultants in traditional design-bid-build environments and in design-build, P3, and other project procurement models.
- Manage and grow client relationships as integral part of our growth strategy.
- Coordinate with our virtual geostructural design team to perform work, manage projects and coordinate field work with subconsultants and subcontractors
- Manage the evaluation of data and preparation of geostructural calculations and design for various underground components in which you have expertise.
- Help optimize work tasks of project team and preparation of technical reports
- Promote company goals for safety and great place to work.
- Help prepare proposals and quotes
- Mentor and develop staff resources and expand as necessary to meet growth needs
- Provide monthly reports on the financial and schedule status of projects and proposals for which you have responsibliity
- Help us achieve company initiatives and annual business growth goals.
Required qualifications include:
- Professional Engineer (Geotechnical or GeoStructural background required)
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a major in geotechnical or structural engineering
- Strong leadership capabilities
- 10+ years of experience with geostructural design, with 7+ years of experience in the consulting industry working directly with clients
- Strong existing relationships with potential clients and proven business development capabilities
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to work effectively with colleagues and within in multidisciplinary teams
- Strong time and people management skills
- Willingness to travel and spend time on project site during critical stages
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Strong client relationships and business development skills.
- Experience in the design of any combination of various foundation types, marine-waterside foundations, mat foundations, excavation support systems.
- Solid written and verbal English communication
- Experience in preparation of contract / shop drawings
Geocomp employees receive a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation.
As a growing company, Geocomp is much more than a place to work—here your ideas and innovative
thinking have high visibility and directly impact our success. Geocomp's inspiring leadership,
cutting-edge technology and highly engaged, motivated employees help make this a unique place to grow your career.
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]