Careers: Acton GTX – Laboratory Geotechnical Engineer
GeoTesting Express (GTX) is seeking a geotechnical engineer passionate about soil and rock testing to be part of its growing geotechnical laboratory. We are a leading, internationally recognized testing laboratory with extensive capabilities for testing soil, rock, geosynthetics and other geo-materials. We aim to provide the fastest turnaround times possible and accomplish this through a high degree of automation and skilled staff. We're seeking someone with strong geotechnical skills to be a technical leader in our team.
When you join us you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in our environment.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Help manage advanced strength, compressibility & hydraulic testing for static, cyclic and dynamic loading
- Improve testing procedures and broaden our capabilities
- Conduct and improve technician training programs
- Manage laboratory research testing programs for technical quality
- Collaborate with others on preparation of technical reports and papers
- Help with internal QC/QA programs
- Interface with clients to explain tests, what results mean and answer questions
- Represent GTX in professional organizations like ASTM
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree in geotechnical engineering
- Strong background in geotechnical laboratory testing/research
- Strong understanding of soil mechanics and soil behavior
- Hands-on experience with test equipment and tools (mechanically inclined)
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
GTX is a subsidiary of Geocomp Corporation, a leading provider of automated testing systems for the geotechnical profession and a leader in real-time Web-based monitoring of infrastructure. Geocomp also provides consulting services in geostructural engineering, active risk management and forensic examinations of geostructural problems.
Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]