Careers: Los Angeles - Geotechnical Civil Engineer/Project Manager
Geocomp has a unique opportunity for a Geotechnical or Civil Engineer/Project Manager with a strong interest in instrumentation and performance monitoring to help manage and execute our contract work in Los Angeles and throughout California. For the right candidate, this role may be expanded to include operational oversight and staff management responsibilities.
When you join Geocomp, you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture, focused on delivering best practices. You will find that we offer a collaborative and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. We encourage all of our employees to strive for personal excellence and to act with integrity and honesty. We are looking for candidates who enjoy delivering innovative, value-based solutions for our clients and have a desire to learn, grow and have fun doing it. Those who take initiative and who are self-motivated will thrive in Geocomp's environment.
As Project Manager, you will organize our work efforts, manage the LA project team, and execute some of the work tasks needed. Our contract responsibilities include procuring and managing drilling services and other sub-contractors, purchasing equipment, overseeing installation instruments, collecting, reviewing and reporting of data, participating in review meetings and developing client relationships. Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage scope, schedule, budget, and client relationships to meet and ideally exceed client expectations across the folio of active projects.
- Supervise and coordinate staff for specific projects to obtain alignment between client needs and Geocomp resource allocations.
- Ensure deliverables are provided on time and within scope and budget.
- Routinely interact and manage relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Promote positive and effective health and safety practices and ensure that standards and requirements are being met.
Client Management Responsibilities:
You will serve as a point of contact for marketing and service delivery for your client base. As such, you will be expected to maintain strong relationships throughout the client organization. Additional expectations include:
- Develop and capture unsolicited opportunities with clients to increase sales.
- Lead efforts to build and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated with substantiated opportunities for the Los Angeles office.
- Develop pursuit strategies, prepare for and facilitate presentations, RFQ and RFP responses, and participate in preparation of proposals and bids
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience.
- Masters' Degree in Geotechnical/Civil Engineering or suitable equivalent.
- Understanding of local Geotechnical instrumentation market
- Experience in the installation and maintenance of geotechnical instrumentation on large civil infrastructure projects preferable
- California PE registration or ability to achieve within one year from date of hire is required
- Experience with project management scheduling tools/software
- Experience preparing proposals and bids to general contractors/other engineering firms
- Familiarity with risk management principles
- Geotechnical experience in investigations, design and SOE
Ability to climb ladders and lift/carry up to 50 lbs. This position may require work performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of 10 feet. Some work may be performed in the field where exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of construction equipment may apply.
Geocomp provides products and services to help clients manage risk associated with the subsurface elements of infrastructure. We specialize in the engineering and control of risk for construction below the ground surface for all types of structures. We excel on tough projects with challenging subsurface conditions and requirements. Additionally, Geocomp manufactures highly versatile automated geotechnical testing systems that have been successfully used for more than thirty years for production, teaching and research. Geocomp's strong reputation for solving our clients' complex engineering problems provides employees with many opportunities for professional development and individual growth.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Jobs@geocomp.com
Geocomp is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer-Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]