Careers: Geotechnical Field Technician
Geocomp - GeoTesting Express (GTX), provides comprehensive geotechnical laboratory and field testing services of soil, rock, geosynthetics and other materials below the ground surface. GTX determines the physical and mechanical properties of underground material for site characterization, geotechnical design, quality control and performance assessment purposes.
Utilizing state-of-the-art automated testing equipment, advanced processes and automation, GTX provides clients with fast turnaround and accurate test results. GTX continues to offer uncompromised quality, reducing our clients' risk by providing confidence that the testing is being performed correctly and according to published standards.
The field technician played a key role in our organization by visiting our clients' job sites and performing a number of important tests that help our clients determine important risk factors in determining approaches to building infrastructure.
These responsibilities include:
- Compaction control by using nuclear and/or sand cone methods
- Fresh concrete sampling and testing
- Observe and document field activities associated with various earthwork projects
- Perform laboratory testing
- High school Diploma
- 3+ years of experience in performing geotechnical field tests
- Troxler Nuclear Density Gauge Training certificate or equivalent
- Concrete Field Testing Technician-Grade I certification
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER training certificate
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction training certificate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
Requires bending, lifting up to 50 lbs independently, standing and sitting, walking on flat and field terrain (uneven). Lab environment requires bending, lifting up to 50lbs, standing and/or sitting at lab bench or desk.
Laboratory testing: standard laboratory environment; Field testing: typical constructions sites
Geocomp employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and competitive compensation. As a small, growing company, Geocomp is much more than a place to work-here your ideas and innovative thinking have high visibility and directly impact our success. Geocomp's inspiring leadership, cutting-edge technology and highly engaged, motivated employees help make this a unique place to grow your career.
Geocomp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
[Back to Careers]